There are a range of external organisations and agencies who offer support for children with SEN.

The Special Educational Needs Community Support Service (SENDIAS)

Sendias offer a range of services to assist the parents/carers of children with SEND. These include:

  • advice, information and support on education, health and social care issues
  • support to express your views and wishes
  • support at meetings with schools and the local authority
  • help to complete SEN and Disability related paper work
  • supporting young people up to 25 in their own right
  • signposting to other services

Tel no:     020 3316 1930

Sendias is based at Family Action, Northern Health Centre, 580 Holloway Rd, Islington, London N7 6LB.

The Family Information Service 

Gives free impartial information, advice and guidance about services for children, young people and families.

Tel no:   020 7527 5959

SEN Parent Ambassadors

Yerbury’s SEN Parent Ambassadors maintain a list of external organisations and charities that parents have found useful, and regularly share updates on their classlist pages. You can sign up for the Yerbury pages here, and then search for ‘SEN’ to join the group and find out more.